- Wet or unseasoned wood produces the following poor performance:
- Fires that are very slow and difficult to start.
- Fires that don't burn well.
- Smokey fires with fewer flames, lack-lustre and dull dirty orange coloured flames.
- Increased dense grey/blue smoke from the chimney.
- Shorter burn times.
- Low heat ouput.
- Dirty glass with the effectiveness of stove's airwash system compromised.
- Excessive and rapid creosole build-up in the flue system and chimney.
- Unpleasant smokey smells inside and outside the house.
Therefore, always stick with the very best kiln dried, seasoned, hardwood logs, as supplied by silvanalogs2door!